On January 2nd of this year, we lost a very dear friend of 30+ years. We went to his house for a New Year’s Eve Party, just as we had done alternately for the last 25 years, only to hear from his daughter that her mom was following him in the ambulance on his way to the ER. They thought he had the flu and just needed fluids. He had endocarditis, a strep virus that was attacking his heart, producing multiple heart attacks, strokes, and then organ failure. He was a very young, active 75. And we are all devastated by his loss.
You’re now asking “WHY is she sharing this sad story with us?” And my question to you now is “WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??”
What is keeping you from taking that bucket-list vacation? What is holding you back from going somewhere that you’ve always dreamed of? Is it that you don’t want to plan too far in advance, what if something happens? That’s what trip insurance is made for! (It isn’t just for medical reimbursement anymore.) Is it that your kids are still young and in school? You only have 18 summers of your life to travel with your kids while they are young (and possibly still want to travel with you!). That’s not a lot of summers in the grand scheme of things. And with the help and guidance of a professional travel agent, you can plan those trips that will give you and your family the memories of a lifetime, without all the stress and worry. The Agent takes that worry and stress away from you and will be there through all of it with you, as well as waiting patiently till you get back to regale the beautiful and funny experiences you shared! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
Are you waiting till you retire and can travel with your spouse or significant other without having to worry about returning to work? What happens if you retire and like so many other people we hear about, suddenly fall ill and can’t travel? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
My point for all of this is that life is way too short to dream about all the places in the world you’ve always wanted to go to and NEVER making those dreams a reality. If you keep waiting, you may never get there. And I can assure that there were places our friend would have loved to go to, but kept putting off for various reasons. Life has a funny way of smacking us in the face with reality, so why not take the plunge and plan that bucket list trip??? Call your travel consultant and let them show you how easy it is!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? ENJOY LIFE, MY FRIEND!! LA DOLCE VITA!!
Packing for that family holiday trip to Grandma’s or Aunt Josie’s? Or maybe you’re getting away to an island to escape the holiday rush? Boarding a cruise ship to let all your cares float away? Beginning the year by checking off a country on your bucket list?
No matter where you are heading, you will definitely want to print out the packing list contained in the link below. It is the ULTIMATE checklist for packing. Even if you don’t need everything on there, once you’re back from your trip, cross out what you didn’t need or use and keep it for your next packing adventure! Either way, GET AWAY, and enjoy life! Happy Holidays to all!
We hear it many times when consulting with clients about an important family vacation, a couple’s weekend, a business trip, etc. “Why spend the extra money?” “What if nothing happens, and I don’t use it?” But what IF something does happen? What IS the plan?
From AIG Travel Guard, here are the top 10 reasons why you need travel insurance:
- “It’s 10 p.m. and you and your immediate family arrive at the airport for a connecting flight, only to find that your flight has been cancelled. Who can assist you with finding new flights to get everyone home?”
- “Your bag was lost with your insulin inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?”
- “Your first visit to Europe, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for assistance in obtaining emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?”
- “You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help coordinate a medical evacuation?”
- “If your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?”
- “You arrive in Jamaica and your luggage doesn’t. If it’s lost, who will help you find it? If it’s delayed who will reimburse you for covered necessities? If it’s stolen, who will reimburse you for its contents?”
- “Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. Who will pay for your non-refundable expenses? Who is able to assist in getting you to your destination?”
- “You’re walking down a street in Rio and twist your ankle. Who is able to assist you in finding an English-speaking physician?”
- “Three weeks before your scheduled arrival, a terrorist incident occurs in the city to which you are planning to visit. Who will reimburse you if you want to cancel your trip?”
- “You are at a beach resort in North Carolina, and you are forced to evacuate due to a hurricane which has made your resort uninhabitable. Who can assist you in being evacuated? Who will reimburse you for your lost vacation investment?”
These questions are answered simply by contacting the 24 hour toll free number for the insurance company to get the help you need as quickly as possible. And, of course, contact your travel agent so they can assist you as well. They always have shortcuts and tips to help you. Please be sure to discuss the coverages of the policy with the insurance company, because each policy does not automatically include “Cancel for Any Reason” coverage and that is very important.
So, do you REALLY NEED travel insurance?? Absolutely!